5.25.2010

Cookies!

Good morning! I've had a few emails & facebook messages since yesterday asking for the cookie/icing recipe. The cookie recipe can be found HERE and also in the February post with the Valentine cookies. I do add a bit more flour to the batter so it's not so sticky. Here are a few that I've photographed along the way.
Spring flowers...
Cookies for a friend's baby shower...
Valentines Day Hearts
M1's "3" Birthday Cookies
 The icing recipe I received from a friend. It is as follows...
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
7 Tbsp. warm water
4 tsp. meringue powder
(Less water for the piping)

It's fairly easy but obviously a bit time consuming. I put the base icing on & let it set for 4-5 hours before decorating w/ the top layer. I think it's worth it when they're finished. They are always a hit!
Enjoy! s.b.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you decorated these! I just tried the recipe tonight and they are yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "3" cookies and am planning a "2" cookie for my baby girls party. I was wondering what icing you used for the base to get that color. Also, how did you get it to set up so it's firm and not mushy? I want to individually wrap them but I don't want to ruin them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete