12.15.2010

Handprint Santa

It's hard to believe that Christmas is just over one week away. I'm not ready for it all to be over just yet!!! Below is a craft that we made for the Grandma's last year. I did this one using M2's hand print & then the rest of the crafting I completed myself. When finished, we put them in festive frames so they could be used each year for decorations, & who could forget that tiny little hand print?!

If you're interested (sorry no tutorial for this one!), here is what you need...
Supplies- Blue Cardstock, White Paint, Paint Brush, A Small Piece of Red Corduroy, 2 Google Eyes, Red/Black/Pink Paper, A Small Pom-Pom, Small Silver Bead Strip & A Glitter Pen.

1. I stamped M2's hand 4 times on four different pieces of 4x6 paper. (One for each of the Grandma's & one for us!) I painted her hand first with the white paint & stamped it onto the paper, making sure to press down on each finger.
2. Once the hand prints were dry, I went ahead & started jazzing up this little Santa, using glue to fasten each piece on one at a time.
-Google eyes.
- Cut a small black circle nose.
-Cut two small pink circles for the cheeks.
- Cut a "hat" with the red corduroy. (If you don't have this, you could use red paper.)
-Add the fancy silver bead strip to the bottom of the hat. (Small pieces of cotton could be used for this as well.)
-Small pom-pom or cotton added to the end of Santa's hat.
-Last one! I used the silver glitter pen to write M2's name & add a few "ho, ho, ho's" to the picture.

Frame it & it's such a fun gift for grandma's, a teacher, godparents, etc. A cute little keepsake too!
Don't forget to enter in the Holiday Backpack Giveaway below... Tell all of your friends too! Winner will be chosen Monday!!!
Enjoy! s.b.

2 comments:

  1. This is too fun! Such a great Christmas keepsake! I featured it on Crafts & Sutch facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Crafts-Sutch/152642714771012

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! I did see it on Facebook this morning (I'm a fan!) I enjoy peeking at your blog weekly for ideas for myself.
    Thanks Again.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete